Aastha is the owner and founder of Madaan Law, P.C.. She focuses her practice in the areas of business law, franchise law, and estate planning. Aastha is a strong advocate of good planning, in life and in business. Aastha often writes and speaks on the topic of cultural competency in the practice of law. She is an advocate for access to legal services and volunteers her time on boards to create better access through legal insurance and innovation. Aastha also writes on topics like legaltech and having an eco-friendly law practice. She takes the time to explain the legal process and answer any questions for potential clients.
Prior to founding Madaan Law, Aastha worked with a boutique business law firm where she practiced business litigation and provided legal advice to small businesses. She learned the ins and outs of future planning for individuals and businesses, and uses her litigation knowledge to help her client avoid costly and often irreparable mistakes.
When Aastha is not helping clients, she can be found spending time with her dog or writing articles. She also teaches legal writing and research at a local law school.
Aastha enjoys traveling, cooking, art, and community work. Aastha’s roots are in India, and she speaks fluent Hindi and Punjabi.
Current Leadership Positions
- Co-President of Whittier Law School Alumni Association
- Board Member of California Young Lawyers Association
- Editorial Board Member of American Bar Association’s Solo and Small Firm Magazine
- Fellow of American Bar Association’s Real Estate, Trust and Estate Section
- Fellow of American Bar Association’s GP Solo and Small Firm Division